Ok, I was remiss and didn't do a July Top Restaurant List. To be honest, unless I am traveling, the summer months are not big restaurant months for us. There is simply too much good produce available for cooking. That being said, we did enjoy some lovely restaurant meals.
1. Pepe's Pizzeria Napolitana – New Haven: The pizza is as good as it gets. The white clam pie is my favorite, but the others are no slouches either.
2. Sripraphai – An old favorite in Queens is still putting out top-notch, delicious Thai cooking.
3. New World Bistro & Bar – Albany: The Slow Food Saratoga Region dinner was fun and satisfying as well as a great value. If it wasn't so far, it would be a regular destination along with movies at The Spectrum
4. Lazio – Queensbury: This small, unprepossessing place is simply wonderful, producing great southern Italian cooking at a very reasonable price. It has become a regular spot for us. I have yet to have a dish that is less than excellent.
5. Max London's Restaurant – Saratoga Springs, N.Y.: I usually try to stay away from Saratoga restaurants in the summer, but a light post-polo meal here was just the ticket despite the Saratoga crowds.
6. El Mexicano – Hudson Falls & Saratoga Springs: Now with a new branch in Saratoga, both restaurants are models of consistency, value and good & satisfying Mexican food.
I don't typically list a breakfast here, but The Chocolate Mill in Glens Falls, N.Y. deserves a special mention. The "Eggs Boursin" I had were simply delicious.
September should be fun.